On Monday, Amanda and Mike’s beautiful Atlantic Resort wedding was featured on The Newport Bride. We loved seeing the couples beautiful pictures and hearing about their personal touches. Amanda is a wedding professional and quickly realized that even if weddings are your full time job, planning your own is a whole different story!
1. If you could pick one moment from your entire day to be your favorite, what would it be? Standing at the alter holding hands with my soon to be husband was calming and felt so right. Despite having 200 people behind us I felt like Michael, myself and the priests were the only people in the room. One of the priests that married us also married Michael’s parents and baptized him. We feel so fortunate that he was able to be a part of our special day.
2. What was your inspiration behind your wedding? Can be anything from a color palette to a location, from a memory to a dress/bouquet/shoes, or perhaps an ambiance or specific vibe you were hoping to achieve…anything! What motivated you and most influenced your decisions? I work in the wedding industry and have had the honor of assisting many couples with their weddings. I’ve seen a lot of different styles, colors, themes and wanted my wedding to be unlike anything I’ve ever experienced before. I was lucky that Michael let me do whatever I wanted and he completely trusted my vision and decisions. I’ve always loved Orbs and wanted to somehow incorporate them in my wedding. My florist, designer and dear friend Deb fromA Gala Affair found these awesome 18-inch orbs that we filled with a my favorite flowers in rich and soft colors, flowing ivy and eucalyptus. I’ve never seen anything like it and believe me if it were on Pinterest I would have found it. I was excited to show my guests something different. Overall I wanted my wedding to feel romantic, beautiful, modern and warm. I wanted my guests to smell eucalyptus and be dazzled by the suspended crystals over the dance floor. We knew Roger Ceresi’s All Starz would keep everyone on their feet. Trumpets and trombones bring so much energy and I think everyone enjoyed themselves.
3. What detail did you love or treasure the most about your wedding? My bouquet was my absolute favorite! I LOVE flowers in general and my bouquet took my breath away! What made my bouquet extra special was my memory charm in honor of my brother that was given to me by my sweet maid of honor. We had it facing me as a reminder that he’s always near.
4. Would you change anything if you could? We had a chef attended pasta bar during cocktail hour and I heard there was the best vodka sauce! I wish I had the chance to try it! Yum! I should have hired a day-of coordinator. I’m that go-to person at my venue and somehow thought I could be my own go-to person. I quickly discovered the day of your wedding you will not remember anything and you shouldn’t have too. If you have the option to have a day-of person to assist, take it!
5. What advice would you offer to our future brides and grooms? To my brides – Don’t let anyone take your purse (unless it’s a maid of honor who will be with you at all times)! Yes your aunts will try to be helpful but you will need your lip color! (lol). Future Mr & Mrs — First of all, EAT – your guests get to enjoy their dinner so you should too! During the reception find a corner of the room and together witness your wedding, take a few minutes to take it all in. It’s a moment you’ll remember & cherish.
See Amanda and Mike’s gorgeous wedding with unique florals and amazing vodka sauce here.