There are almost too many options when it comes to bridesmaid gifts. Things to wear, things to eat, use, hold, or carry. We’ve started putting the best options on Pinterest and here are just 25 of our favorites. Which ones do you want? We want them all!
One of the best parts of being a bride (other than marrying the love of your life of course) is all the great outfits! With the bridal shower, bachelorette party, engagement party, and all the other fun events, a girls gotta get a whole closet of little white dresses. Never fear, we’ve put together the best of the best for our fashion loving brides.
Like a rockstar meets angel – Love Found True
A little 80s a little Betsey Johnson, this one is both simple and sexy – Love Found True
Technically pants… this one is totally the go-to for the fashionista bride – Misha Collection
A little retro and totally modern – BHLDN
Cinched and Stretch – Dee Elle
Sheer an delicate – BHLDN
Backless and long-sleeve lace – Melissa Rene Price on Etsy
Off-The-Shoulder and oh so stylish – BHLDN
Strappy Lacie and Sexy – BHLDN
Two pieces and ruffles? This ensemble has it all – BooHoo
Halter Top with a shift skirt = perfect – Chloe
Long Sleeves are Sexy Too – BHLDN
You’ve probably heard that once upon a time, each anniversary year was assigned a gift theme. Over the years, those themes have been forgotten and some of them have lost their purpose thanks to technology. Our friends at Loyes Diamonds made this handy infographic that explains what was and how those themes can be reinterpreted for modern life. Thanks for sharing Loyes!
We’re all about fall. Sweater weather, PSL in hand, and of course, pumpkins everywhere. While the bright foliage of fall is gorgeous to look at, it might not be your choice when it comes to wedding colors. But neutrals go with everything so turn that bright pumpkin down a few shades and you’re good to go! We love when couples take their seasonal favorites and change the color, especially when they make them gold! In honor of fall, here’s a few of our favorite ways to use gold and cream in your pumpkin wedding decor.
Love how this centerpiece combined the pumpkins and antler candle sticks. Gives a real earth natural feel!
These pumpkins are festive and bridal! Love the Mr. and Mrs.
LOVE how this painted pumpkin is used as the vase for this centerpiece. It’s fancy and still natural feeling!
This gold painted pumpkin place card is perfect! Try it in cream or silver for a similar impact.
These white pumpkins even have a bit of sparkle! Plus, coupled with the gold leaves and pinecones, it makes a beautiful textured centerpiece.
This centerpiece has just a bit of gold and gourd. Enough to make it fall, but little enough that it’s still mostly floral. Perfectly in the middle.
Sometimes the best centerpieces aren’t on the tables at all, they’re hanging from the ceiling and they’re gold! These gold leaves are dramatic and stunning!!! Plus, they would make a great backdrop for pictures.
These gold and cream pumpkins make a beautiful set up. They’re ready to sit on the escort card table, decorate the bar, or maybe the present table.
This centerpiece reminds us of the first image, but has the addition of one of our favorite florals, hydrangea! The perfect white on white fall meets New England centerpiece.
This pumpkin is both a centerpiece and a table number!
Craft stores sell plastic pumpkins that look and feel real. Make one of these lasting beauties your guestbook and you’ll have some seasonal decor and a unique experience for guests.
(Header: Hey Wedding Lady 1. Sand and Sisel 2. Wedding Chicks 3. Giggles Galore 4. Chatelaine 5. Vintage Pretty Pearl 6. Ruffled Blog 7. Lindsey Brunk 8. Pinterest 9. Belina Blog 10. Something Turquoise)
We’re giving away tickets to the Boston Bridal Bash! Choosing a vendor is difficult. How do you separate one from the best when you haven’t even met them? Bridal shows are a great way to meet a large variety of wedding vendors in-person. You already found your person, now find your vendors! To enter the ticket giveaway head on over to our Instagram account and look for this image \/
Plus, if you need more than two tickets, cause trust us, your whole bridal party is going to want to come, use discount code “TheNewportBride” for 50% off tickets!
Choosing your bridal party can be as stressful as choosing the perfect dress. Don’t let the gals get you down. Use our 5 tips and choose the best bridesmaids and hopefully it’s smooth sailing from there!
1. Will you be friends in 10 years? Too many brides choose bridesmaids that are fast friends, only to have regrets at or after the wedding. Take a good hard look at your potential bridesmaids and see if that friendship will stand the test of time. The people you have closest to you should be the ones that can look back with you at your 10 year anniversary and remember what fun you had together.
2 .Will you regret not having them as part of your wedding? Just as important as the 10-year test is the regret test. Ultimately, will you regret not having a particular friend in your bridal party? Sometimes a childhood friend isn’t your best friend anymore, but preserving that friendship might be.
3. Will they cause drama or inspire calm? No matter how fun your friends are at parties, bridesmaids should be able keep the peace not cause chaos. If your ladies are more crazy than calm, reconsider the choice. Weddings are hectic as is, there’s no need to add potential disaster to the mix.
4. Will they let you be the center of attention? On your wedding day, you should be the center of attention not your friends. Think twice about asking the friend who always steals the spotlight. In the ceremony, the pictures, even the reception, it should be all about your and your new spouse, not your drunk or crazy or spot-light crazed friend.
5. Is there another job they could have in the wedding that would be better suited for them? Not everyone wants to be a bridesmaid. Walking down that aisle can be a little intimidating for introverts. Maybe your friend would be best suited for a job as an usher, program coordinator, special reader during the ceremony, or even personal assistant for a day. There are lots of jobs for friends in a wedding!
Header Image by MB Studios as seen in Stephanie and Tim’s Atlantic Beach Club Wedding
When searching through the sea of invitations to find the perfect one, there are a few things to look for. Your invitation should be a beautiful reflection of your wedding’s theme. With thousands of companies offering invitations and more printed options than you can ever imagine, it helps to have some guidelines to narrow the list down.
1. Rainbow of Colors – Look for a vendor or website that offers a wide array of colors, maybe even a custom color option. Some websites have preset options like light pink, orange, regular pink, light blue, or navy blue. Look for a website that has a large variety of colors, a color wheel, or even a custom color option. Your peach pink wedding needs peach pink invitations! If your color is cloud blue, don’t settle for navy, baby, or ocean!
2. Custom Samples – As great as online ordering is, make sure your invitation provider allows for some sort of proof whether digital or an actual printed copy of your invitation. You’ll never know exactly how it’ll look till you see it in person.
3. Envelope Options – The first glimpse your guests have of your invitation is the envelope. Look for a invitation provider that offers a wide variety of envelope colors and patterns. It doesn’t have to be plain white or nothing. There are options! P.S. Some companies even have custom options for addressing your envelopes. Fancy!
4. Wedding Invitation Suites – Just as your envelope should reflect your wedding’s overall theme, the other pieces of your invitation should have the same look and feel. Look for an invitation that comes as part of full paper suite including RSVP cards, travel information, a reception invite, even a thank you note.
It’s September 1st! With the end of summer just around the corner, we’re officially shifting our gaze to fall. Time to break out the apple cider, cranberry cocktails, and all the goodness that comes with fall. Whether you’re looking for a few tasty ideas for a signature wedding cocktail, or just a delicious mocktail to bring home to the family, these 10 tasty drinks will have you in the mood for fall.
We love the bright bold colors of fall. With practically every tree bursting with color, even the foliage is basically already wedding decor. As much as we love red, orange, yellow, and purple, they’re not everyone’s favorite colors. Plus, it’s something we’ve all seen before. Thankfully, fall has more to offer than just bold warm colors. Try these three alternative fall color schemes for a softer approach to cooler weather.
Let’s face it. As amazing as your wedding day is, it can also be stressful. Thankfully, with a few simple tricks the stress fades and you can be calm cool and collected. Above all, remember to just try and have fun! What really matters is that you’re marrying the love of your life. Everything else is just frosting.🙂