Event the best of photographers can’t be everywhere at once. That’s why you have wedding guests! Give them a wedding hashtag to post along side the pictures and everyone can see all the fun forever! Posting pictures is the easy part, coming up with a hashtag, that can be tricky. These 5 tips will help you come up with the perfect tag for your big day.
1. Make it easy to remember – Get clever but don’t get crazy. Your hashtag should be something easy to remember so guests aren’t struggling. The easier you make it for them to tag pictures, the more pictures you’ll get.
2. Get punny – Do your names ryme with anything? Is there a funny play-on-words? People love puns and they’ll love tagging your wedding pictures in a coupley-themes pun.
3. Capitalize first letters – When putting your hashtag on printed materials capitalize the first letter on each word to make it easier for guests to read and understand. It makes a run-on-sentence LookMoreIntentional andlesslikeaclutteredmess.
4. Check for other users – With millions of people using social media, there’s a chance your wedding hashtag has been used. Make sure it doesn’t link to anything unsavory and do a quick hashtag search before making a final decision.
5. Use your names or wedding date The more personalized your hashtag is, the less chance there is of someone else having already used it and the more likely your guests are to remember. Use your initials and wedding day, or your first and last names.
Check out some of the cutest wedding hashtags we’ve seen on Instagram.
(Cover Image: Kelly Anderson)